Featured post

Welcome!

Welcome to my new book review blog, I am going to try and post reviews as quickly as I possibly can. By day I keep myself busy ...

Thursday 11 February 2016

Me Before you - Jojo Moyes


♥♥♥♥♥

This was one of those books, that crept into my heart and nestled there, it will probably stay with me for the rest of my life.

This is my first Jojo Moyes book, and after some friends have been asking that I read it for a while now, and the trailer for the movie came out, I decided it was about time. I still can’t believe it took me so long to get to it. The writing is beautiful, the characters are lovable and the story, the story just about broke me.

It follows Lou Clark, a 26 year old, who after losing her job and trying a number of opportunities at new careers ends up being the carer of Will, a 35 year old quadriplegic. At first Will pushes her away by being rude and uncommunicative, but Lou kept being her bubbly self and then they start a friendship of sorts.

You can’t help but hope that Lou can get through to Will in time, that she can convince him that this type of life isn’t the end of the world.


It’s a heart wrenching story that had me sobbing into my pillow when I finished it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment